When people visit Las Vegas for vacation or for work, they will likely spend a good deal of time in a hotel. And they will likely think they will be safe and secure during their stay. However, that’s not always the case. Often, visitors are injured on hotel property because of an act of negligence on the part of the hotel or its employees.
Hotels have a duty under the law to maintain their property in a reasonably safe condition for their patrons. They have a legal obligation to correct any dangerous condition on their property or warn of its existence. If a hotel or its employees fail to do so and the resulting dangerous condition causes someone injury, the hotel may be held legally responsible for the injury.
If you have been injured on hotel property, you could be entitled to compensation for your injuries. The legal issues involved in these cases can be extremely complicated so it’s important you seek the help of an experienced injury attorney immediately.
Types of Hotel Negligence
Hotel negligence can commonly occur when a hotel:
- Fails to provide proper lighting
- Fails to properly clean and maintain its property
- Fails to display warning signs
- Fails to provide proper security
- Fails to provide adequate or properly trained personnel
These failures can create hazardous conditions that often cause serious injury and even death. Hotel negligence can manifest itself in many ways such as:
- Slip or trip and fall accidents
- Food poisoning and other food borne illnesses
- Staircase or stairwell incidents
- Drowning or other pool related accidents
- Elevator or escalator incidents
- Bed bugs or other insect infestations
- Criminal attacks on hotel property such as rape, robbery or assault
- Burns from scalding water or exposure to cleaning solvents
Your Las Vegas Hotel Negligence Lawyers
It can be complicated to determine the cause of a hotel accident and the appropriate laws that apply. The burden is on the victim to prove in a court of law that the hotel’s negligence was the main cause of the victim’s injuries. Therefore, it you think you may have been injured as a result of hotel negligence, it’s extremely important that you get an experienced legal team on your side right away.
Our team at Tramel Law Group will be able to properly investigate hotel liability and build the strongest case possible for you. Incidents like these are unfortunate, but at Tramel Law Group, we will diligently pursue your full legal rights and ensure that you receive all of the compensation you deserve.
If you or a loved one has been injured due to the negligence of a hotel, call us at 702.233.2244 or fill out our free initial consultation form today.